We have made some updates! Find out what verification details you will need to update your account.
We will be contacting all our tradies over the next few months via email, to update their accounts with appropriate ID documentation. The purpose of this is to perform due diligence, on behalf of homeowners, through verifying the identities of all tradespeople who use our service.
If you’re registered with the NZ Companies Office, we need:
- The NZ Business number of your company. If you don’t know your number, you can search for it here https://www.business.govt.nz/companies.
- FULL NZ Drivers Licence (copies of front AND back) of one of the company directors.
If you’re a Sole Trader (not registered with the NZ Companies Office), we need:
- FULL NZ Drivers Licence, (front AND back) of the person associated with your Builderscrack account.
- Proof of address, in the form of a document issued by a third party in the last three months; which clearly shows the date, your full name and residential address. Images of envelopes are not accepted.
Suitable address verification documents:
- Bank statement
- Inland Revenue/ government department letter
- Phone, utilities or rates bill
Why is Full NZ Drivers Licence needed?
We have, unfortunately, identified a trend with trade accounts that have limited licences associated with them, and dishonesty towards homeowners. We understand that this isn’t the case with all tradies; however, we have decided to make it a policy to update all tradie accounts with a full New Zealand drivers licence photo Identification, and continue to provide quality tradies to homeowners who use our service.
Getting your account sorted
Uploading your verification documents is easy! When you receive the email to update your account; upload your documents by logging into your Builderscrack account, then follow the prompts from your homepage.
You have a two-week timeframe to provide your verification documents – we’ll review and process your documents as soon as possible.
If you do not submit within this period, you may experience a temporary pause in being able to chase jobs. Your ability to chase leads will resume as soon your documents are uploaded and are verified by our team.
Thank you for your patience while we update our system.
Tradies for every Job
Kaitaia to Bluff.