A curtain and blind installer is a tradesperson who has knowledge in the measuring, repair, creation, alteration and installation of curtains and blinds.
A curtain and blind installer will have knowledge of:
- windows and glazing repair
- curtain rails
Curtains that provide good insulation will:
- be made from thick, thermally-backed material
- be double layered with thick lining
- fit tightly against the wall or window frame
- be wider than the window frame
- Go from floor to ceiling or have pelmets above them
Tips and tricks:
- Thermal curtains and blinds will reduce heat loss through your windows.
- Opening your curtains or blinds during the day and closing them before dark will allow your home to gain heat and retain some of it at night.
- Closing your curtains can help keep your house cool in summer if you close the ones on the side facing the sun and open the windows.
- Good curtains will reduce heat loss through windows by 40-60%. The main thing to achieve with curtains is a good seal that will stop warm air getting behind the curtain, and stop cold air between the curtain and window from getting into your room.
Tradies for every Job
Kaitaia to Bluff.