A curtain and blind installer is a tradesperson who has knowledge in the measuring, repair, creation, alteration and installation of curtains and blinds.
A curtain and blind installer will have knowledge of:
- windows and glazing repair
- curtain rails
Curtains that provide good insulation will:
- be made from thick, thermally-backed material
- be double layered with thick lining
- fit tightly against the wall or window frame
- be wider than the window frame
- Go from floor to ceiling or have pelmets above them
Hire a professional curtain blind installer
Tips and tricks:
- Thermal curtains and blinds will reduce heat loss through your windows.
- Opening your curtains or blinds during the day and closing them before dark will allow your home to gain heat and retain some of it at night.
- Closing your curtains can help keep your house cool in summer if you close the ones on the side facing the sun and open the windows.
- Good curtains will reduce heat loss through windows by 40-60%. The main thing to achieve with curtains is a good seal that will stop warm air getting behind the curtain, and stop cold air between the curtain and window from getting into your room.