If you have gas installed in your home, then you will need the services of a registered gasfitter at some stage. For your safety all gasfitters are required to be registered by the Plumbers, Drainlayers & Gas Fitters board. Unlicensed work is both unsafe and illegal…
Gasfitters ensure appliances and connections are safe and won’t be dangerous. They are able to safely install, remove, repair or maintain a range of household gas appliances including heaters, hot water systems, central heating, ovens and hobs.
A gasfitter will not only install and service natural gas appliances and fixtures, but they’ll be able to install anything related to these like gas meters, valves, burners and regulators. They’ll be able to maintain and repair all this equipment. Often plumbers also do gas fitting, but as they require a different skill set, check that they are licenced to do gas fitting.
A gasfitter may provide the following services:
- Read and interpret plans, drawings, or specifications
- Measure and mark points where gas equipment is to be located
- Test pipe work used for gas appliances
- Install gas pipes, appliances and flues
- Install gas pressure regulating and gas detection systems
- Maintain gas appliances, pipes and equipment required for the operation of items that use flue gases
Gasfitters often use the following tools:
- Crescent Wrenches
- Pipe Wrenches
- Flaring Kit
- Pipe and Tubing Cutter
- Pipe Bender
- Pipe Threader
Tradies for every Job
Kaitaia to Bluff.