Adequate ventilation is essential for a dry, warm and cool home. Hiring a qualified installer to advise on the best ventilation system for your home is a great place to start…
Ventilation installers specialise in many different areas. Ventilation installers will fit heating equipment and pipework systems, while duct work installers install duct work and ventilation systems. Domestic installers can fit central heating systems and will ensure they are functioning correctly. A service engineer will plan and carry out repairs and maintenance on all kinds of systems to make sure they’re working efficiently and safely. A commissioning engineer makes sure systems meet their original design specification, and test and check to ensure they do what the homeowner needs them to. A control engineer designs and install the control panels that operate and adjust heating systems.
Energy efficiency is an important and part of a heating and ventilation installers job as they are responsible for ensuring systems work efficiently to reduce fossil fuel consumption, carbon emissions and save energy. Heating and ventilation professionals also work with renewable energy heating systems like ground source heat pumps, which take the heat from underground and pump it to the surface into buildings to supply warm air.
A heating and ventilation installer will:
- have good practical skills
- be able to follow technical drawings, plans and instructions
- have a logical, methodical and safe approach to work
- be able to take accurate measurements
- have a head for heights and happy to work in all kinds of weather
- be comfortable working in confined spaces
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- work well in a team and be able to adapt to changing situations
- be a good problem solver with a pleasant and presentable manner
When hiring a ventilation installer ensure they are knowledgeable on ventilation, heating and air conditioning as they often all work together. They should also be able to repair, service and maintain ventilation systems.