On any building project, renovations or fix-up, research is key. Builderscrack provides a platform that gives you, the homeowner, the control to choose a tradie that’s right for your project…
Before you award and choose a tradie for your job, it’s important to prepare and do your homework.
Here is our guide to making the most of your home project experience, so you can choose a tradie that fits the project, budget and gets the job done the way you want it.
Maximise your job post
Take the opportunity to make the most from your job post. Use the job title and description to outline exactly what the work entails. Each tradesperson that chases the job will have a solid understanding of your needs, and in turn, submit comparable and accurate quotes.
Key tips to consider:
- Plenty of details. Size of the area to be worked on, material to be used, time restraints etc.
- Include Photos. Job posts with photos will give a tradesperson a real understanding of the space.
Communication is key
Whether it’s discussing the project, negotiating on price, organising site visits, open communication is key to a successful job post. We encourage homeowners to communicate with tradies through the Builderscrack website.
- Keeps track of quotes and pricing amends.
- Documents agreements between both parties. Use the platform also to record and confirm conversations.
Do your research
Builderscrack is built on transparent homeowner reviews. Use this resource to your advantage. Look at the profile of each tradie that chases your job and compare different tradies carefully before making a decision.
Questions to think over:
- How many 4 or 5 star reviews does this tradie have?
- Do the reviews mention the tradie’s quality, value and reliability?
- How many years of experience and accreditations does this tradie have?
- What past jobs has this tradie completed?
- Do they have clients from past work that you can contact for references?
Is the cheapest quote the best?
Price is a can be a significant factor when deciding on a Tradesperson. It pays to look at the big picture and understand why a quote maybe cheaper. Cheap may not be the best deal.
Areas to consider:
- What are your expectations for quality of finish and workmanship, materials used, time expected on the job etc.?
- Does the price include GST?
- Does the tradie have insurance to cover damage to the property?
- Will this Tradie guarantee his/her work?
Award and reward with a review
Share the love and review your experience. Our system is set up so only tradies who win work through Builderscrack can be reviewed. These reviews are key for tradies creating leads, building a reputation and intern build relationships with future homeowners, and it is in their interest to be reviewed for their workmanship.
We do charge the tradie a success fee for your job. However, It is part of our T&Cs that this fee should not be passed on to you.
Get the ball rolling
Builderscrack makes finding tradie simple. However, it’s good to remember that you are under no obligation to choose a specific tradesperson and ultimately the decision is yours.