With thousands of tradies across NZ, Builderscrack has your job covered
we're looking for a plumber, familiar with tiny home, off-grid and/or caravan/campervan style plumbing.
We're not looking for a quote, just an estimate at this stage, as we'd like to work with you on options. More importantly, we'd like at least a couple of references, of similar jobs, that we can go and see.
We have a 17m2 tiny house, which needs some form of waste management.
We're thinking a campervan style system, combining the sink, toilet, shower and basin wastes, into an external macerator, which is then able to pump the waste to a 400+ liter tank on a trailer. We can then drive the trailer to the nearest waste station and empty it, when necessary.
I've attached a diagram. The bits in black we have. The bits in blue we need advice/sourcing/help with.
We're thinking we need:
- external waste pipes (two sizes) to combine the waste (standard PVC piping).
- an outdoor macerator (or an indoor rated one, inside weather-proof storage), with an internal or separate pump.
- a waste rated tank, probably --- liter, (probably opaque)
- two flexible waste pipes
- one from macerator to tank - with locking connectors and taps at both ends (taps may be on macerator/tank, rather than pipe)
- one from tank - to be used to empty into waste station (tap and locking connector at tank end)
There are things to think about:
- we'd like to minimize pump noise
- if the macerator has it's own tank, perhaps the pump automatically kicks in to drain it to the tank, only when full
- the distance from the tiny house to where the trailer is parked is ~ 5 meters, but it would be good to make the flexible piping discrete (the tiny home power goes overhead, but I could trench the pipe perhaps).
I've also included a diagram of the tiny home itself, with dimensions, plus a photo of down the back of the house, showing some of the protruding (white) waste plumbing and the existing clean water plumbing. (I'll add one of the end of the house as soon as I locate a good one).
If you are unsure about anything, please reach out.
|Tradie #1||22 jobs||Requesting contact|
|Tradie #2||98 jobs||In contact|
|Tradie #3||31 jobs||No longer in contact|