With thousands of tradies across NZ, Builderscrack has your job covered
I started the work but then managed to break my wrist which means I can't finish it. My aim was to build a retaining wall to add a terrace to the garden.
Steps I planned to take were:
1. Complete excavation to flatten the surface (the soil can be removed to a lower part of our property around 4m away from the wall). I estimate this would be around 8h work for my fiancee and me (granted we're both sat at a desks most days so you may be quicker)
2. Dig the holes for the posts x 9 (happy to use fewer if they think we don't need all of them). The height of the wall ranges from around 1m to around 0.4m so I planned for the holes to be between 0.7 and 0.3m deep.
3. Add the quick setting concrete to the holes (already purchased 8 bags) and set the posts into the concrete (already purchased 100x100mm posts x 1.8m)
4. Fix the wood to the fence (2 x 4.8m sections already bought from Bunnings - quite a few more will be needed)
5. Trim the wood and the posts to leave it tidy.
I've attached a photo of the area and some crude sketches of the type of thing I'm after - these are just a guide and I'm happy for you to tweak things if what I've suggested is overkill. We're not in a hurry but would like for it to be done by the end of February if possible. Many thanks!
|Tradie #1||144 jobs||Secured job|
|Tradie #2||98 jobs||Talking with homeowner|
|Tradie #3||37 jobs||No longer in contact|