With thousands of tradies across NZ, Builderscrack has your job covered
• OVERVIEW OF THE JOB: Reinforcing the boundary joist along deck (1st storey, sits above garage, and part is cantilevered, but sealed from the bottom via hardiboard), installing glass (front affixed) balustrade (17m) and (front affixed) metal balustrade (17m)
• The entire deck (approx. 34 m along the perimeter) needs to have the junction of the floor joist to the boundary joist reinforced by adding two gib plates (handy brackets) to each joist (both on one side of the joist, top and bottom). This will require cutting away part of the ceiling all along the perimeter of the deck. The floor joists are the standard 400mm apart.
• The parts cut away (partially hardiboard, partially gib) will also need to be replaced. If the cost is prohibitive, we can finish the gib/hardiboard plastering and coating at a later date, but I would prefer this be done along with this job.
• An additional 290x45 boundary joist needs to be added to the outside of the entire perimeter. This will be bolted through to the floor joists via the gib plates.
• On the sides of the garage (approx 12 m of the 34 m total perimeter) the floor joists run parallel to the boundary joists. In this case, additional noggings need to be added 400m apart. These noggings will connect the closest floor joist to the boundary joist, and provide further support for the boundary joist. These noggings will be connected to the boundary joist using gib plates, as above. These noggings will be connected to the (parallell) floor joist using coach bolts, or possibly coach screws.
• After this is complete, 17m meters of metal balustrade need to be front affixed (two screws each post, posts approx. 1m apart). These are affixed by simple coach screws. Some sort of waterproofing washer will need to be installed between the balustrade and the wall. The balustrades and most of the coach screws are provided (but not the washers).
• Additionally,17m of front affixed glass balustrades will have to be attached (1650mm sheets, 10 total). These are attached via eight balustrade standoffs per sheet of glass. The glass and standoffs are provided, however, some sort of waterproofing washer probably needs to be inserted as well (not provided).
• Scaffolding IS required for part of the job, about 17m is at single storey height, but the other 17m varies between single storey+ to two stories high. Unless you have a great deal on scaffolding, scaffolding will be provided as well.
• Any ancillary costs such as travel, administration fees, rubbish disposal, etc, should also be included in the quote.
We are looking for a fixed price quote for the above work. There will be engineers plans to specify all of the above, but they are not available right this moment. All work needs to be done by a LBP (for structural work), and will be inspected by council/the designing engineer.
|Tradie #1||no recent reviews||4 jobs||No longer in contact|