Many factors that contribute towards how a homeowner chooses a tradie. Here are our tips for winning the confidence of homeowners and for getting good reviews.
Profile and Account Maintenance
- Clear profile image – This will help to convey professionalism
- Business description – Check this is reflective of your work. An accurate profile will help homeowners decide if they want to engage your services.
- Check your listed trades and locations are up to date and are relevant.
- Spelling and language – Review your messages for mistakes before you send. Use tools like dictionary.com and thesaurus.com. Grammarly is a tool that has a browser extension, that once installed onto your computer, can help track spelling and grammar as you type on the Builderscrack website.
- Respond to homeowners quickly and clearly – Use the Builderscrack messenger to document conversations and simply outline project costs and timescales to help prevent misunderstandings.
- Yea or nay? – Let homeowners know if you are not going to ahead with a job and use the drop job button on your job card.
- Being a no-show – Disappearing may result in you getting a bad review and creates a perception of inefficiency; which can damage the reputation of the site and consequently the leads that come to it.
- Punctuality and timekeeping – Turn up to appointments on time, or manage homeowner expectations and notify them if you need to alter the time or reschedule. Polite communication goes a long way in this situation.
- Communication Reviews – A homeowner can still review you on your communication, even if you do not win the work. It helps to be attentive.
Workmanship reviews. Homeowners base their reviews on Workmanship, Response, Professionalism, Cost, Schedule. Do the best work, within the agreed time and cost, in a professional manner and homeowners will be more likely to award a 5-star review.
As you know, not all leads are sent to all tradies. When we match tradies to a job, we’re looking at what’s required to complete the job and the TradeRank of our tradies.
TradeRank is a measure which looks at things such as your how well you respond to job leads, the reviews provided by homeowners and if you pay invoices on time.
Refining your profile and account, communications and quality of your workmanship, will also contribute to your TradeRank, and will affect the number of leads you receive.
Give some of these tips a go and see what difference it can make to your business.
Posted In: Builders