Hiring a gardener may seem like the pinnacle of luxury for some, yet the majority of homeowners disagree. They know that by hiring a gardener, they get their weekends and spare time back. A professional gardener makes life much easier, letting you enjoy your garden and save money too.
We’ve gathered our best 6 tips to make hiring a gardener easy as…
Whether you are looking to hire an employee or hiring a gardener on a regular basis, it’s vital to know what you want them to do. This requires you to do some research on general landscaping possibilities and the type of garden you want to achieve.
- First of all, have a vision for your garden. Do you picture formal plantings or a good old kiwi vegetable patch? Would you like enclosed spaces or open plan plantings? Collect photos of gardens you like because these are helpful to share with your gardener. Using pinterest is a great way to plan your garden.
- Know your garden purpose. What do you want to use your garden for? Is it somewhere for the kids to run and kick a ball? Or do you want to entertain your guests in a leafy glade? Ask your gardener to suggest ideas on defining areas within your yard too.
- Next, decide on a gardening plan. Are you wanting someone to simply prepare your garden for summer planting? Or would you like to add a regular garden maintenance schedule? This is especially relevant because it will help you choose the best horticulturist for your needs.
- Make a gardening checklist. Are there any specific jobs which you would like a landscaper to do? Do you require someone with specialist planting knowledge? Will your garden need ongoing weed maintenance or mulching? How much input do you want to have in choosing seasonal plants and colour schemes? This will help you choose the most qualified person for your work.
- Ask for references. Visit the locations where they have worked before. Check out before and after photos of what they have achieved. Talk with previous clients to see if they were satisfied with their work. You’ll then have confidence knowing that you are employing the right gardener for your jobs.
- Finally, choose between an individual or company gardener. Do you want to see the same gardener each time? Are you happy for a team to collaborate together or another company? Sole operators complete the gardening themselves, while a company may outsource if necessary. Both have advantages, but it is up to you to decide on the type of gardener you want.
Hire a professional gardener
In conclusion, using the services of a professional gardener for your property lowers the risk of things going wrong. They’ll have the knowledge to prune correctly, select the right plants and ensure your garden looks great throughout the whole year. In addition, they’ll bring the right tools and the right knowledge, ensuring your garden will soon be ship shape and ready for you to enjoy.
So, what are you waiting for? You can find the perfect gardener right here today! Just post your job and our gardening teams will get right back to you with a quote. Easy as.
Posted In: Gardeners & Lawn Mowing